29 May 2009

I love Pillows!

So, I'm finally doing some obvious catching up on blogging. I have some serious dry spells, and it's really because life is just so darn busy, I'm sure you know all about it. But I finally put that sewing machine (from Christmas) and that fabric (from a month ago) to good use!!! I know, many of you are thinking "It's about time!!" So, I started simple with pillows! Man do I love pillows too, I think that it may be my #1 home decoration item. You wouldn't know it by looking at my house, but it's true. I love pillows and I would buy different bunches of them for every season if I could afford it.
Before..
Not so bad, but the swirly fabric was just so bland, and we really need some color. Now, I was really trying to go for an Anthropologie type fabric (they have GREAT pillows!), but you'll have to let me know what you think. After:

I'm just excited about the added color, that it's something new, and that I was successful with my sewing machine.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Those are beautiful and I love the added color to the room! Where did you learn how to sew?

Home1114 said...

Well funny thing is, Joe taught me. He had home-ec class at least 3 times, so he taught me everything I know! =)

Julie Tiemann said...

Okay, I LOVE those pillows. I am so inspired - I really want to learn how to sew. Perhaps after we get through the next sure-to-be-crazy year(s?), I can make that happen!!