06 August 2009

I don't know...

....how else to start this post other than by saying, I love our neighbor's kid, Kevin. Joe and I introduced ourselves to him and his mother a couple months back, Joe offered to throw a football with him "anytime", and the boy has taken the offer quite seriously! He is such a sweet kid, and I must say he's renewed my faith in the idea that there are GOOD KIDS out there: he has great manners, never takes the Lord's name in vain, and is always eager to learn. Any time Joe is out working in the yard he offers to help out and watches Joe and asks questions.
Joe's played Frisbee, thrown footballs, taught him how to manicure his lawn, and (Kevin's favorite) had him over to play Lego's. If our doorbell is ringing chances are it's Kevin, and I love that. He wants to grow up to be a football player, and more recently, a lawyer. I hope Joe and I can continue to be a part of Kevin's life and that the world doesn't change who he is.

No comments: