06 August 2009

Sewing Projects

I feel as if my sewing machine is finally getting some good use between those pillows and now two more successes. My friend Stacee has been teaching me some of the basics of sewing and using patterns. It's been a test of patience for me but she says I'm doing great. Stacee really is a great teacher and I've really appreciated her encouragement and help in learning to sew. The first project we did was an Amy Butler pattern, and we both used Amy Butler Fabric. After we finished our husbands took us out in our new skirts: I feel as if I've learned to truly appreciate the difficulty of making clothing. All of a sudden Project Runway seems infinitely impossible for mere humans, but then again I am a beginner. The second project we made pajama pants. Stacee made hers out of bed sheets and I made mine out of an Ikea duvet cover that was $2 in the "As-Is" tub.
(Yea, I'm a nerd, I took this picture of myself and intentionally posed like that) I love my pajama pants! They are maybe a little too long, which I could fix, but being as tall as I am, most pajama pants only go to about my ankles leaving my feet cold. My pants are long enough and big enough around the feet to cover them up and keep them warm. After Stacee and I finished our pants our husbands took us out to dinner again, only this time we couldn't wear what we made.

2 comments:

Natalie Carretto said...

I'm impressed! That skirt is adorable and I love the PJ pants!

Stacee said...

Glad you are becoming an amazing sewer! :)